Loss of a tooth is always something unpleasant. Most missing teeth are replaced with dentures. Dental implants give ability to restore one or more missing teeth without making damages to other teeth. The implant performs a function of tooth root and thus becomes a basis for an artificial tooth crown.
What Is Dental Implant?
A dental implant is cylindrical metal screw that imitates the form of a tooth, made of biological inert materials (titanium, zirconium and alloys) and which is surgically screw into the jaw bone. Implants have appropriate structure that allows to unite implant with jaw.
Dental implants are becoming increasingly popular because they fit well almost for everyone. The materials of implants are light and durable and have a low rejection rate by the body.
Today mini dental implants are very popular among people. They are smaller than the traditional dental implants. They consist of two pieces: one of them is mini dental implant dentures and the other is the implant itself. Their distinctive feature is a size. While a traditional implant is 4mm – 5.75mm, the mini plants are just 2mm in size.
Are Teeth Implants Not Dangerous?
Actually, the answer is yes. Nearly 90% of all implants give positive results.
- Dental implant is an anchor for a false tooth. Implants are safely fixed; they perform the function of the genuine teeth and don’t differ from them.
- Implant is also effective protection against bone loss. As the natural roots of teeth they even transmit the masticatory strengths on the jaw bone. This supports natural bone form.
- It is also important that the teeth implants help to keep your teeth healthy. There is no need to grind surrounding teeth off.
- When your implant breaks, you can simply change it. There is no need to make new implant when only one component is defective.
Dental implants can be used in the following cases:
- When a tooth is unhealthy and it may be shed
- When there is an interstice between teeth
- When a tooth is extracted
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
- Everybody who is in good health and wants to replace missing teeth and has enough bone in the area of missing tooth can make teeth implants.
- But if you take certain drugs and are ill, be very careful and consult with your doctor. The process of healing may lessen a chance for a good result. Smokers and drinkers may not get good results as well.
- Implants are not recommended to those who are 15-16 years old as their facial structures develops and grows.
What Is Tooth Implant Cost?
Cost of the implants will depend on the materials, number of teeth involved, dentist and his or her additional work.
Despite the increasing popularity of dental implants, their price is quite high. Today the tooth implant cost is $800 to $2,500. Crown price can vary from $600 to $1,500. A full upper and lower jaw can cost as much $18,000 to $30,000.
A metal ceramics crown can cost from $150 to $300. However, to replace one tooth defect it is necessary to grind the tooth off and make crowns on two surrounding teeth. Thus the price of the denture increases up to $450-$900, not taking into consideration the possible removal of nerves.
As a rule, the prices are lower in the regions while in big cities the price is always a little bit higher.
Before deciding to make implants, consult with your doctor. You need them if you have dentures, or if you want to fill gaps without involving surrounding teeth. Don’t forget about the high prices of implants and that if you have some problems with health, implants may fail