Wisdom teeth removal is a complicated job
Almost every person has to remove his wisdom tooth some day. So people are often interested in how much wisdom teeth removal cost, but there is no definite price for this procedure. The final price depends on the level of complexity of the wisdom tooth extraction procedure.
There are 3 main levels of this complexity:
- Simple removal: The most easy teeth removal is “simple removal”. In this case the tooth is to be removed for the short period of time. The price of such procedure in most cases is equal to the removal price of any other ordinary tooth (not wisdom tooth). If after all it will be necessary to put in the stitches, then, of course, the price can be a bit higher.
- Complex removal: This type of removal is more difficult then the first one, which means that the dentist needs more time. Mostly complex removal is used when there is a need in drilling the bone stock. The price of this procedure is higher then simple removal price.
- Tooth removal operation: If you have impacted wisdom tooth and have to remove it, then this procedure will be called “operation”. And it will be conducted at scheduled day according to all high standards of medicine. This is explained by the fact that the removal of impacted tooth is rather traumatic procedure and besides very difficult in execution. A dental surgeon not only has to cut the gum, but remove significant part of bone tissue as well. This is made to get access to the tooth itself. This wisdom tooth extraction cost is the highest. But the thing is worth the effort.
If you don’t remove impacted wisdom tooth you can have a lot of problems, like:
- pericoronitis ;
- wisdom tooth caries;
- injuries to root of neighboring tooth
The price of wisdom tooth removal and its components
How much wisdom teeth removal cost also depends on the preparatory procedures:
- First of all, the dental experts will examine a patient. They need to access the location of the wisdom tooth, number of fangs, presence of important anatomic formations (like nerves, for example) that are close to the wisdom tooth. This guarantees quick and cautious removal. And it is also very important so that no tiny pieces of tooth are left. And, of course, nerves that are near to the wisdom tooth have to be safe.
- There is always a process of anaesthetization. This is an essential part of the whole procedure and responses for your good feeling during the removal. This will make you calm during the procedure.
- The cost of tooth removal also depends on which tooth exactly you want to get rid of. You may remove “up” or “down” wisdom tooth (up is always more problematic so the price is higher).
- Some wisdom teeth can be removed for one visit for a dentist, but in some cases you have to visit a dentist a couple of times.
So all these factors influence the final wisdom tooth extraction cost.
Positive effect after removing your wisdom tooth
Positive effect after wisdom tooth extraction in most cases depends on the quality of work of your dental surgeon, his qualification and skills. It also depends on the time devoted to the client. If the doctor will be in hurry or he will do everything properly. Wisdom tooth removal can be a quite difficult job. That is why the better is to find experienced dental surgeon, not a graduate. And finally to say the definite cost of wisdom tooth removal exactly of your wisdom tooth is impossible. It is recommended to turn to the dentist and get consultation, in this way you will find out at least approximate wisdom tooth extraction cost.